December 14, 2010 | Leave a Comment
Our “library catalogs” have been upgraded to a new web-based solution, called Destiny – see http://destiny.k12.waltham.ma.us/ . Destiny is a 21st Century solution – where the students and staff no longer need to be in the school library to access the resources of the library. The public interface of Destiny (or Destiny Quest) displays The Top 10 Books checked out in each school library, as well as New Arrivals as they are added to the collection and Resource Lists created by the library staff. The features of Destiny in the Waltham Public Schools are:
- access to library records from any Internet connected computers 24/7, e.g. school or at home.
- reserve books online.
- start or join virtual book clubs.
- see one’s own borrowing history
- renew books online.
- check out e-books
- write a reviews of a book
- “friend” others to recommend books
- see books covers